Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The dress, finally

I'm back, finally. 

The dog has made his triumphant return to my boyfriend's. He's feeling much better and is up and about now. He's lost a lot of weight and is still a little shaky on his legs, but he is ready to take on squirrels just as soon as we'll let him. Thanks to everyone who sent good wishes.

So now, about that dress:

I'm typically not a Roberto Cavalli fan. I'm not one of those people who can pull off the luxe hippie look, and I'm certainly not somebody who can wear clothes that just ooze sex from every seam, so usually his stuff is a little too much for me. However, he seems to have read my post about Chihuly-inspired dressing with this dress.


Same color scheme, same long brushstrokes, same nature-inspired theme (Chihuly's is based on reeds, Cavalli's is based on the interior of a flower)... I kind of love it, even though I don't want to. Here's another picture:

While I hate the cut of the top (there's no way that can be flattering on anyone), the bottom is just so damn great that I can't stop obsessing. Would it be blasphemy to cut up a designer dress and rework the top?

Roberto, you're welcome for the inspiration. If you'd like to refer to me as your muse in the press, that would be just fine by me as long as I get an in-house discount. That sounds like a fair exchange, right?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online