Thursday, February 28, 2008

The saga of the light

I promise that I'm going to get that stupid (but oh so pretty!) light up, but it still didn't happen today - more technical difficulties. I also know I won't be able to get to it this weekend because I'm taking the boyfriend home with me for the first time... yikes! This is the first guy that I've "taken home", so I'm really nervous but also really excited for him to get to see my funny little hometown!

On with the fashion...

If you aren't checking out The Sartorialist's website, then you're missing out. I have to admit that I didn't learn about his work until a few months ago, but since then I've become a huge fan of his photographs of street fashion. Being in Mississippi, I'm not exactly living in one of the fashion capitals of the world. Since I'm not going to move to NYC, Milan, Paris, or any of the other chic metropolitan cities of the world, I go to the Internet for my inspiration. There are about ten fashion sites that I check on a daily basis, but The Sartorialist (along with Susie Bubble's fantastic Style Bubble) have really expanded my ideas about fashion.

Currently, I have two favorite pictures from his photos. (Note: during international fashion weeks, he not only posts photos on his blog, but also outside/inside the tents for Style.com - these pictures are from that site). This one makes me wish I could pull this kind of fashion off:
This would be my style if I was Parisian. My name would be Amelie, and I would be studying art history at universitie. I would spend all of my free time at the Louvre or in the  St. Germain district ogling the fashion. I would be trying to sneak into the runway shows this week. I would be a huge fan of dry shampoo, and would wear no makeup other than concealer with a slash of red lipstick or kohl black eyeliner, although never at the same time, of course. I'm going to stop now before I start looking at plane fare and updating my passport.

This is my other favorite photo. When I have kids, can I have the kind who can sit through and appreciate a Viktor and Rolf show? 
If she is bilingual, I'm totally kidnapping her.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online